Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dad and child at 13

Baby-faced boy Alfie Patten is father at 13

BOY dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost — but said: “I think it’s a lot.”

Well, the 13-year old father has to think a lot more than how much nappies cost.

Daddy Alfie added:

“I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.”

It's good the young (a bit of an understatement) father has declared his commitment to care for the child (come to think of it, he's also a child). I empathize with him. After being a father myself to 4 kids these past 21 years, I could also say I'm still learning on how to be a dad myself. It's a real challenge that we can only pray that the child succeeds, I mean both children - father and son. I hope the time won't come that they will be fighting over toys. I myself have this continuing struggle with my own children on who gets to use our home computer first. Again I can only empathize with the boy-father. That's because I usually lose out to my kids in these types of struggles.

Which brings attention to Britain’s hugely expensive sex education programme in schools. I have this earlier post relating that Britain ponders about intensifying its already intensified sex education program. At this point I guess they really have to improve that sex education program for kids. The best approach now is to include an intensified program to teach young children on how to rear children.
/

No comments: