Sunday, July 13, 2008

Manila lifts 9-year contraceptive ban

Manila lifts 9-year contraceptive ban
/
"Family planning is a right", said Dr. Junice Melgar of Reproductive Health
Advocacy Network (RHAN). "We see this event as a concrete step. in lifting
the misery of poor women and their families in the city of Manila".

The United Nations Population Fund says there is serious need to promote
family planning in the country. Program officer Marian Ciscar believes
there is a need to increase informed choices given to the people.

“I think it has to do with the culture of Catholicism. But I myself come from a Catholic country, and I think we have to learn to separate family planning. It’s not a matter of faith. Family planning is a human right,” Ciscar said.
/
Not a matter of Faith. Human right, I see.
What about the right of unborn babies to life?

No comments: